Many opportunities to show your love for the community and meet many amazing people in the process. We ask that volunteers offer a minimum of 5 hours before, during or after the retreat. Each volunteer will receive $50 off their ticket for the weekend. For folks who are feeling extra ambitious and wanting to take on a more of a leadership role, you will receive a full entry to the best inclusive retreat experience. All volunteers will receive an exclusive volunteer t-shirt as well. This Retreat would not be possible without the kick butt volunteers. Each volunteer is valued for their uniqueness and are appreciated and cherished.
What will I be doing?
Our volunteer crew is broken down into sections. You will learn more about your responsibility after the the volunteer meeting. The Leader in your department will support you throughout the retreat weekend to ensure you have “the time of your life!”
Different volunteer positions:
- Gate: Accepting and selling tickets
- Runners: Showing campers where to camp and park their cars
- Decor: Decorating the site. Need to be available to go to Birken Resort Thursday evening or Friday Morning of the event.
- “The Social Club”: Encourage and engage folks to talk to different site members. Inform folks when events are happening and where.
- Game and event organizer: Leader of Karaoke, games or other events on Saturday.
- Medical: Be available if an emergency arises. Need to be a qualified medical attendant.
- Sponsorship: Support Running Wild Productions by collaborating with businesses for additional assistance for the Running Wild Retreat. Experience in this area is recommended however, not necessary.
- Anything and Everything: Be available if a job / responsibility arise.
- Take down: Be available after the event on Sunday afternoon / evening to clean the resort and take down the decorations.
- Workshop Organizer: Have a creative skill that you would like to share? We’d love to hear from you!
How do I become a volunteer?
- Volunteer applications are reviewed in the order they were received.
- Once accepted, specific information regarding your role with the Retreat will be provided to you by a committee leader between May 20 – June 15th, 2017.
- A Volunteer Orientation meeting will be held in February 2017 for all volunteers.