In the Whispering Falls Forest, lies a magical place full of wonder and surprise. From July 1– 3, 2017 We will be celebrating together at the Running Wild Retreat. It is an opportunity for the LGBT+ Community and Allies to celebrate self identity, have tons o’fun, and make friends along the way. During this 3 day adult retreat there will be performers, workshops, contests, and music to keep you entertained. If a more relaxing experience is what you are looking for, feel free to engage in meditation, Hatha and/or Acro Yoga, chill on the dock, go for a swim in the lake, or swim in the lake. We encourage laughter, creativity, self expression, and support for one another. You will leave with lasting extraordinary memories that will hopefully hold you over until we all meet again next year for a new adventure. The gates open at noon on Saturday, July 1, 2017 and the event ends on Monday July 3rd, 2017. You are welcome to relax on Monday and leave anytime before 12:00pm (noon)
- Campsites will be given out on a first come first serve basis.
- Please note that there is no wifi or cell phone reception at Whispering Falls .
- There are prizes for best decorated site. This will be awarded on Sunday morning. There is also prizes for best dressed on Sunday evening. This will be awarded on Sunday evening during the evening event around 10:00pm.
- We want to remain an environmentally friendly as possible. Please bring reusable water bottles, place garbage in the bins provided and recycle whenever possible.
- Campsite fires will depend on weather and city bylaws.
- We encourage all kinds of instruments, sporting gear and decorations. As Madonna would say feel free to “express yourself”.
- This will be a 19+ event, unfortunately, due to the scope of our insurance children are unable to attend the event.
- Running Wild Retreat is a safe, drama free, non-judgmental, anti-oppressive environment. We celebrate gender diversity! If boundaries are crossed, our safety team will try and mediate the situation. If this is not possible, Running Wild Productions has the right to refuse or remove individuals from the event. This is to ensure a respectful, fun, safe and supportive environment throughout the weekend.
- Minimal vehicle access on the grounds. You are welcome to pull in, unload and then park your vehicle in the designated parking area. You will have full access to your vehicle for the duration of the weekend. “Paid vehicles” (individuals sleeping in their vehicles) will be parked at their campsite.
- AA meetings will be offered on the weekend if you are interested in attending, please contact email@example.com before or in person at the event to be informed of the meeting times and locations. This is to support keeping “Anonymous in AA”
Early Bird until April 30th, 2017:
$125 per person and tent (a vehicle/RV/trailer is considered a tent)
By May 1st, 2017 :
$150 per person and tent (a vehicle/RV/trailer is considered a tent)
At the Gate July 1st, 2017 :
$175 per person and tent (a vehicle/RV/trailer is considered a tent)
***Friday, June 30th 2017:
$25 per person and tent (a vehicle/RV/trailer is considered a tent)
***20 limited tickets available. If you would like to come up to Running Wild Retreat early and settle in, this ticket is for one person to camp on the Friday.
Tickets are available at:
Please note: After ticket is purchased, you are welcome to transfer your ticket if you are unable to go however, there are no refunds.
Frequently Asked Questions
When am I able to arrive and start setting up my tent? You are welcome to start showing up at noon on July 1st, 2016.
When does the event end? We ask that everyone leave the event by 12:00pm the very latest on Monday, July 3rd, 2017.
Are Campsites assigned? Campsites are first come first serve. We suggest the person arriving early to bring and set up tents to assure parties are together that want to be. If you are sure that friends are coming, please let us know once you arrive and we will try our best to accommodate.
Is there Drinkable Water? Drinkable water is available at Whispering Falls Resort however, it maybe a bit of a distance from your campsite. It is recommended to bring a large container for water to keep at your site.
When do the events start? When you arrive! Opening ceremony starts at 7:00pm on Saturday, July 1th, 2017.
Can I leave and come back in? Absolutely! You will be given a bracelet on arrival to wear over the weekend. You are able to come and go as you please.
Can I bring my child? While we hope to bring out the (wild) child in all of us, some of our activities are not suitable for children. Due to insurance coverage and the events offered, this is a 19+ event.
Can I bring my dog? Due to the nature of the event and the high temperatures we ask that you leave your dogs at home. If you would like your dog near by, there is a pet hotel in Mount Currie: http://www.ruthspethotel.ca/. If you would like to keep your pets in Vancouver: Wagababa located at 868 East Cordova will be offering a discount to all folks attending Running Wild Retreat. Only 2 dogs attended the event the first year and both ended up very sick. We love our dogs as children and for this reason, we ask for them to stay home. Please note that there are many other festivals that happen at this campground and dogs may be exposed to items they should not induce and can cause them harm.
What is the accessibility at Whispering Falls? Accessibility Assessment is available here.
Can I bring my own food? Please do! you are welcome to bring as much food as you like and cook at your campsite or at the communal cooking/sitting area being offered.
Will there be food available on site? Due to unforeseen circumstances, Whispering Falls is not able to supply food services this year. Running Wild will supply BBQ’s and tables/chairs in a communal space for folks to use and enjoy.
Are there “drinks” available on site? No, this is a BYOD (drinks) event.
Is there a theme to the event? Yes, GLITTER, SPARKLE AND BEDAZZLE! It’s limited only by your imagination. There will be prizes for the most outrageously decorated site and outfit.
Can I come up on the Friday, June 30th, 2017? Yes, however there are only 20 individual tickets available for the Friday. Tickets available on Eventbrite. Limited spots on the Friday are at the request of Whispering Falls Resort.